LAMDA EXAMS (LONDON ACADEMY OF MUSIC AND DRAMATIC ART)
For those of you applying to university, LAMDA is an equally valuable experience. More and more universities are looking for well-rounded individuals with enthusiasm and lots to talk about. LAMDA can spark conversations about writers, favourite plays, context and research in interviews.
All levels of LAMDA exams are accredited as recognisable equivalents to standard qualifications: Level 1 exams (Grades 1-3) are the equivalent of low grades at GCSE, Level 2 (Grades 4 and 5) high grade GCSE and Level 3 (Grades 6,7 and 8) have the equivalent UCAS points of AS and A-Levels.
Rec is committed to offering as many benefits to its members as possible. Both Rec and LAMDA promote and provide a network of support for young people, as shown by LAMDA’s new focus on both the career benefits and enrichment opportunities that their exams can provide.
LAMDA’S MISSION IS TO:
• Foster an appreciation of literature, poems and drama
• Acknowledge levels of achievement
• Support the creative, intellectual and social development of the individual as a wholePreparation for an examination will:
• Unlock the imagination and creative-thinking
• Develop communication skills
• Refine technical skills and artistry
• Promote team working
The examinations themselves provide candidates with an opportunity to:
• Measure progress against an international standard
• Make contact with expert practitioner examiners outside the immediate teaching environment
• Build self-confidence and self-esteem
• Acquire skill certification for career development
• Receive critical appraisal and guidance for future development